Monday, July 6, 2009

I got very little sleep and woke up cranky again. Oh dear, I fear I have lost my sense of humour.

The girls and Grant headed off for their trip up Mount Pilatus, going up by cog rail-way and coming down by cable car (now you know why I am not going with!) It's a very grey day unfortunately, so not ideal for it. Dad and I set off to explore Lucerne on foot with Rehna (a lovely South African girl – her and Nicky have left their husbands and kids at home and come to Europe for a holiday). We wandered over the pretty wooden bridge (Kapellbrücke i.e Chapel Bridge) and back over another bridge. Then we ambled around the town, it’s very picturesque with lots of nice shops. I think I really like Switzerland actually. Eventually the three of us sat and had coffee (make mine hot chocolate... yum!) at a riverside café. It was a very pleasant morning.

Later on we joined the rest of the group at the folk show and fondue. The cheese fondue was very good! We also had rosti and sausage and a meringue/ice-cream dessert. Grant had the whole tour laughing when he got called up on stage (yes it was that kind of show) to blow the alpine horn and pretended to be Australian..... you had to be there!


Gerrie and Margaret, such a lovely couple from Randburg.
We shopped again after lunch and I found some really nice clogs.

Even big girls love Pinnocchio ;-)

The hotel is really messing with my sense of humour. Last night, on Gerry’s advice, I asked at reception for directions to the laundromat. The receptionist gave me the laundromat’s pamphlet, but then told me that the hotel could do my washing for the exact same price and deliver it back to my room if I dropped it off first thing in the morning. Bonus! Grant dropped it off bright and early. I get back to my room this afternoon and there is my washing all neatly folded on my bed, still damp!! Rox hoofed down to reception and was told that that is how it is always given back, they only tumble it dry for a limited time and it is then up to us to dry it in our room. Hello?! Where on earth we are supposed to dry an entire load of washing in our room I really don’t know! I’m not loving the staff in this hotel, really I am not!!

After supper Rox went out for drinks with the 2 Aussie couples, Nicky and Gerry. Although they weren’t gone for long they seemed to have a good time. Rox came back and the three of us got chatting and ended up having a really good giggling session. I think my sense of humour is back! Thankfully!

No comments:

Post a Comment